Chris and I decided to get away to celebrate the 7 years we have been married, so we headed to Vegas. I had always wanted to see the Blue Man Group and timing was right for this one, so we left the boys behind, hopped on a plane and we were off.
Now it had been a long time since I had actually toured Vegas, most of the time I was driving through to Utah, so the last time I stayed in Vegas was at least 5 years ago when Chris's cousin got married there and some of us Roberts thought we would stay in the same place. Well, I booked a place that was within everyones budget and it was off the strip. I think once Chris's family all got there, they were ready to kick me out of the family. Well, not that bad, but close. They just know never to let me make the booking.
We stayed at the Bellagio and this time I made sure we did Vegas right. Karan and Garry love Bobby Flay and have cooked his food for us, but we decided to try his actual cooking so we stop by the Mesa Grill and I loved it. Now I am going to salivate more when I watch Iron Chef on TV.
Someone needs to ban the buffets from Vegas, the Paris breakfast buffet was the best and I think Chris had to roll me out of that place, because I devoured the food, especially the sweets, it was pathetic.
Great show!! We had awesome seats and I loved the show. We were in the poncho seating-- so they actually had ponchos for you to put on so that during the show the paint wouldn't get on your clothes, nothing got on us.
Did we miss the boys? A lot
Did we have fun? A lot
Vegas was fun and relaxing
