It seems our place is always full with children and most of the time I am helping out with friends. (No, I don't run a day care) Well, the little babies tend to be little girls and Xander can't get enough of babies. He wants to:
-feed them
-change the diaper
-hold them (even when they are crying)
Xander thinks he knows what is best for the baby, he even tries to boss me around (such a determined boy)
This is a picture of Brooke Everritt with Xander. (she had an accident,so that is why she is missing her clothes)
****Then I was reading to Keaton one day and Keaton said,"Xander and I want a sister"
Me: You are so blessed, you have a brother to play with
K, getting angry: Well, we want a sister
Me: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllll...............................................
That same day I was talking to Keaton, another friend comes over for us to watch her daughter, Eilene who is 14mo. We were having a good time playing and then...... Eilene has one of Keatons toys and is chewing on it. Keaton starts getting frustrated and whiny and now I step in.
Me: Keaton just pretend that Eilene is your sister for the day.
K: I don't want a sister.
Me: I thought you told me that you and Xander wanted a sister.
K: Well, I want an older sister who can play with me.
Me:(I am now laughing with tears in my eyes) That one is not going to happen.
K:Okay
He then grabbed Eilenes hand and helped her outside to play.
The thought of Keaton having to share more toys or more toys getting destroyed by a younger sibling almost switched Keatons view of wanting a sister. I wish I wrote down all the comments the boys say or remembered them because they come up with the funniest things.
Keaton and Xander sure are the joys of my life.