
It was a very looooong day with
too many events and parties going on, but we made it to the church party because
Santa was going to make an appearance.
Keaton couldn't wait. When Santa walked out onto the floor and Keaton caught sight of him, he almost burst into tears, he was so excited. He had one smile from ear to ear. He was the first child to give Santa a great big hug and there was a lot of love in that hug.
Xander enjoyed Santa, but I think he enjoyed the stocking of candy he received from him a little more.
After Santa left, Keaton ran outside to look for his reindeer. He has really been into Christmas this year. Chris and I have used it a little to our advantage and have told him what he might receive if he is naughty,coal. He then tells everyone that they need to be nice so they don't get coal,even the missionaries.
Keaton and Xander are on Santa's good list this year!!!
Couldn't resist snuggly Santa. I have actually been in a bah hum bug mood this season and my family have suffered from my awful attitude. I realized that I was trying to be super woman and help everyone else out except my family and myself.
So I turned to my Saviour in prayer for a change in attitude and refocused my life on what is important and I have had a lovely week.
Pres. Monson said,"Times change; years speed by; but Christmas continues sacred."

The boys picked out a new Christmas tie for Chris, it has the whole Peanut gang on it, something Keaton is into right now. Chris puts it on for the first time and
Keaton says with a lot of cheer,
"That is the best tie ever! Everyone is going to love your tie!"
Reindeer Pokey--Keatons preschool class performed in the school Christmas program and it was so adorable to see all these children dressed as reindeers and singing the reindeer pokey. I had to fight back the tears when Keatons class walked through the doors.
We signed Keaton up for basketball this past season. He really wanted soccer, but we had other activities and so we were available the day they practice for bball, so I signed him up. He was nervous the first day because he thought it was going to have to shoot the basket at the height the professionals do, so when we walked into the gym his face lit up when he saw all the nets lowered.
I wish I can say it turned out to be his favorite sport, but after his last game he said,"Mom, I told you I wanted you to sign me up for soccer, next time do that, okay."
We have a bball hoop at home and he never wanted to practice outside of his bball practice, but he always had fun act practice and the games, but Keaton preferred to be more social than really play. By the end of the season he was a better dribbler and shooter.
He loves his trophy and thinks it is absolutely amazing.
In my heart I think I secretly wanted him to like it right away, he has height and he could get a good college scholarship in bball, but I am not going to be a pushy Mom. He has many strengths and lots of energy so I think I am going to try for swimming, since they don't have soccer this season.
What would I do without grandparents,the boys great grandparents? I wouldn't get nearly as much done, thats for sure. Once a week Xander got to go to Grandma and Grandpa A's while I grudgingly attended a parenting class once a week for 10 weeks for Keaton to go to free preschool.
Xander cheerfully went each week. My boys are so very blessed to get to know their great grandparents. Xander had a routine that he would do with them and he is stubborn and determined so he made sure they didn't stray from their normal routine.
Battle of the Wills--Who is more stubborn in the family, Mom or Xander?It started out as a normal laundry day and when Xander was outside I quickly ran a grabbed his big blanket (which we try to only allow him to sleep with, but he normally end up carrying it throughout the house) and put it in the wash. I thought I will get it done without him even noticing,
not quite.
He brings a chair to peak in the washing machine and what does he see? His blanket.
X says " I see my blanket"
Mom "Its getting cleaned"
X "No dirty, I want blanket"
Mom "Blanket wants to get cleaned"
This goes on for a while and finally he decides that he wants to watch it clean. Well, I can't really let him do that either because everytime he opens the machine it stop and by the rate he keeps checking on his blankets he won't have it for night time. So I confiscate all the chairs, stools, and laundry baskets and he is mad. A minute or two goes by and then I hear the washing machine stop. That boy found one of grandma's laundry baskets and he was feeling pretty proud of himself.
I finally got him to turn his attention to painting and the blanket finally got cleaned!

Every Thurs. with out fail, my boys will come running from any room in the house to stand on the gate and watch the trash trucks. This last time they went running outside they didn't realize how cold it was, 36 deg. (very cold for us sunny CA) they stand on the fence, but decided not to wait for the trash truck to finish the block before they come running back inside.
X says, "It's freezing, freezing" as he is shaking his hands
K says," We are turning into popsicles" as he is barefoot and has short sleeves on.
True dedicated boys.