7/23/08

Spider Man Cake

For Keatons bday he asked for a spiderman cake. While I decided I wanted to take up cake decorated just for his bday and I thought I could do a fancy cake for him. Of course I didn't want anything simple I wanted to do the hardest because it looked the best. I went online and did the research and found a picture of spiderman on a web for a buttercream transfer. all you had to do was trace and I definantely could trace. I spent all night working on it before his birthday,put it in the freezer and the next day I was going to transfer the picture onto the cake. The transfer was going to be the tricky part. I finished the pictured and I was quite impressed, it looked awesome!! Now I went to transfer it on the cake, what is this, it is sticking on the wax paper. Oh, no, now it is pulling frosting off my already frosted cake. I tried one last time and I slipped a knife in between, but no such luck. All that time and effort and now I had no frosting left, no spider man and Keaton was about to wake up from his nap expecting one and the cake was now a disaster. It was a good thing no one was around because I was an emotional mess, so some tears were shed, but I didn't want to give up just yet.

I knew I had just a little bit of black frosting left,so I fixed the best I could the already chocolate frosted cake that now had red and blue buttercream frosting smeared everywhere and free hand spidermans face.

Keaton wakes up from his nap and I cheerfully show him his cake(hiding my frustration), he looks at it and

k says smiling,"but spiderman is not red"

me " but don't you like spidermans face"

k a little hesitation "i love spider man, but next time he needs to be red"

4yr. olds are easy to please, but you can't hide anything from them.

That day he wore his spiderman underwear and shirt. He is riding around the neighborhood in his new 2 wheeler bike.