5/20/07

Gourmet Chef

Chris likes to cook and because he has quite the commute he doesn't get to cook too often. So when the weekend rolls around I get to put up my feet and let him take over the kitchen. I sometime have a hard time letting it go because I don't mind cooking when I have someone else taking care of the kids, but that is never the case for me. So normally Keaton is trying to do something he is not suppose to and Xander is wanting the bottle so he can go to bed and while trying to handle them I am preparing a meal. Which more often than not is a little overcooked or I had to improvise. So when the weekend comes around and Chris watches the kids, you may be surprised that I too can also cook up a nice meal. On the other hand you have Chris where certain types of dishes come easy to him. I follow recipes and that is how my meals turn out good. Most of the time Chris can do a dish without a recipe and it turns out fabulous. I have to say I am a little jealous. He has had more experience then me, especially working in some restaurants. I do love having another cook around the house and one that is a gourment cook, not mac and cheese. So here he is doing a spaghetti sauce and Xander decided he wanted to help out by tasting it. If it were me cooking I would just opened the jar of spaghetti sauce and warmed it up, but Chris adds all these wonderful spices which now turns a mediocre spaghetti sauce into this delicious sauce.